DIRECTOR, VALUE EVIDENCE
Do good well."- Willard L. Boyd
Areas of Expertise
- Evidence Generation Strategy
- Real-world data study design and management
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Payer communication strategy
- Competitive Landscape Analysis
Dan Gratie is a Director within Value Evidence.
As a consultant, Dan has partnered with industry clients to conduct comprehensive competitive landscape analyses, develop and improve payer-facing communication tools, and evaluate and creatively address potential evidence gaps in a variety of therapeutic areas, including oncology and other specialty products. Additionally, Dan draws on experiences across the product life cycle, from pipeline to post-launch positioning in the face of upcoming competitors.
Prior to joining AESARA, Dan was a Clinical Health Outcomes fellow at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and the University of North Carolina (UNC) after completing his PharmD. At GSK he gained experience developing evidence generation protocols, managing ongoing studies, creating communications, and contributing to value dossiers for GSK’s respiratory portfolio.
- Elston Lafata J, Nguyen B, Staresinic C, Johnson M, Gratie D, Muluneh B. Interpersonal communication-, education-, and counseling-based interventions to support adherence to oral anticancer therapy: a systematic review. J Oncol Pharm Practice. 2022. Doi:10.1177/10781552211073576
- Fuoco MJ, Mularski RA, Wu B, Moretz C, McBurnie MA, Stanford RH, Crawford P, Gratie D, Salas B. Continuity of Care Assessment Within a Vertically Integrated Care Management Organization Before and After COPD-Related Exacerbations. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2021; 16:2755-2767.
- Yawn B, McCreary G, Linnel J, Pasquale C, Malanga E, Choate R, Stempel D, Gondalia R, Kaye L, Collison K, Wu B, Gratie D, Stanford R, Tomlinson R. Pilot Study of a Patient Experience with an ELLIPTA Inhaler Electronic Medication Monitor and Associated Integrated System: A Prospective Observational Study Using the COPD Patient-Powered Research Network. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2021. doi:10.15326/jcopdf.2021.0218
- Black RM, Stanford RS, Gratie D. “The Burden of Illness Associated with Recurrent Clostridioides difficile Infection: A Claims-based Analysis” ID Week Annual Virtual Meeting 2021
- Hogue SL, Zhu L, Reinsch TK, Gratie D, Brogan AP, Patel CK, Burke R. “Value Communications with US Payers: Can Digital Solutions Help Improve Patient Access?” ISPOR Virtual Annual Meeting 2020
- Gratie D, Cook S, Urick B. “The predictive value of prescription claims as a proxy for diagnosis of diabetes.” Poster presented at Pharmacy Quality Alliance Annual Meeting, May 2019, Baltimore, MD.
- Hinds D, Fairburn-Beech J, Gratie D, Averell C. “Characteristics of treated asthma patients experiencing exacerbations in a US database.” Poster presented at the American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting, May 2019, Dallas, TX.
- MS, Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Health Outcomes, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- PharmD, Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- BS, Human Physiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
In statistics, rho is a measure of correlation. I believe that work ethic and creativity have a strong, positive association with success and future opportunities. Not all health care questions can be answered with due diligence alone, but if I am unfamiliar with a challenge, I know that being thorough in my efforts and open to new approaches will allow me to complete any task. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson.