ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS, MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service of others."- Mahatma Gandhi
Areas of Expertise
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Operations Management
- Payer Network Strategy
- Clinical Utilization Management
- Limited Distribution Strategy
Ruchik is a residency-trained pharmacy professional with experience across managed care and specialty pharmacy. Ruchik’ s business acumen and non-traditional career path lends well to driving results and promoting innovative out-of-the box solutions for the unique challenges encountered by stakeholders in the specialty pharmacy space.
Prior to joining AESARA, Ruchik was a pharmacy administrator and clinical assistant professor at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) supporting the business development of specialty pharmacy through managing manufacturer and payer relations. He also directed and expanded central prior authorization services initiative for the health system. Before his role at UIC, Ruchik was a clinical pharmacist and team lead at Northwestern Medicine practicing in Rheumatology and Dermatology clinics. Earlier, at CVS Health, Ruchik gained experience across the CVS enterprise in internal and external-facing business units such as: Specialty Innovation, Trade, Enterprise Analytics, Specialty Product Development and Clinical Account Management.
Articulated value and collaborated to enhance operational and clinical pharmacy capabilities to ensure access to limited distribution specialty medications and to participate in restricted payer specialty networks resulting in an overall 28% incremental revenue increase for the health-system pharmacy enterprise over a span of 3 years.
- Baugh, W., Costello, F., Hua, B., Patel, R., Ye, W., Kumor, L. (2022). Implementation of a Digital Patient Engagement Pilot in a Health-System Based Specialty Pharmacy. Poster session presented at the meeting of Vizient Pharmacy Network Meeting. Las Vegas
- Choi, D. K., Patel, S., Muran, C., Khamo, N., Patel, R., Fayyaz, N., & West-Thielke, P. (2021). Prior Authorization Burden on the Use of LCP-Tacrolimus in Abdominal Solid Organ Transplant Recipients. Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 10600280211050641. doi:10.1177/10600280211050641
- Sawicki, C., Friend, K. E., Patel, R., Polinski, J. M., & Singh, S. (2019). Two-Way Clinical Messaging in a CML Specialty Pharmacy Service Model. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 25(11), 1290-1296. doi:10.18553/jmcp.2019.25.11.1290
- Post-Graduate Residency Training, Managed Care/ Specialty Innovation, CVS Health, Lincoln, Rhode Island
- PharmD, Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- BS, Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
I believe individuals are the summation of experience. These experiences occur in boundless ways such as one sharing a story about a flat tire, to various forms of literature and media, to structured learning such as a college degree program. In introspection, taking the equivalent of a “moral of the story” from each experience is working to accelerate my personal growth and dedicate more energy and time on pushing the envelope and fostering innovation to solve problems. As the symbol of sum, Sigma represents this mindset.