Wei-Shi (Danny) Yeh
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, VALUE EVIDENCE, CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”- Oscar Wilde
Areas of Expertise
- Health economics and outcomes research strategy development
- Real-world evidence generation
- Health technology assessment preparation
- Early payer and regulator engagement for pipeline preparation
- Rare disease access evidence generation
- Innovative research solutions (e.g., artificial intelligence in HEOR)
- Government policy shaping and engagement
- Health policy and systems research
Danny Yeh is AESARA’s head of Center of Excellence under the Value and Evidence team. Danny brought over 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience to the group. Most recently, he was the healthcare system solution cluster lead (I.e., head of government affairs) with Roche Taiwan. Prior to that, he built and led the Health Policy and Systems Research team and Technical Institute, a center of excellence for RWD analytics and economic modeling capabilities with Genentech. In addition, Danny held various roles in the HEOR function at Biogen and Allergan.
Danny has experience in supporting early phase, launching, and launched assets across disease areas at the US, global, Asia Pacific region, and affiliate (Taiwan) level. He has firsthand collaboration with clinical, regulatory, payer, academic, policy, hospital and patient experts. Danny is a creative researcher who loves solving difficult problems. He is also a passionate people leader who is eager to see team members fully realize their potential.
- Secured desired reimbursement decision from a NICE appraisal
- Designed and conducted a study that changed treatment guideline in ophthalmology
- Leveraged RWD to inform business development decision and outcome-based contracting
- Facilitated an international collaboration on newborn screening in a rare disease
- Determined the effect size (clinical meaningfulness) of primary endpoint in a Phase 3 study
- Led a comparative effectiveness research that was highlighted in Biogen Q1 2016 financial report
- Built a center of excellence for RWD that generated over $6 million return of investment at Genentech in 2019
- Developed the health system shaping strategy for Roche Taiwan.
Published 20+ manuscripts in peer-reviewed journal
Received ISPOR Research Presentation Awards Top 5% Finalist (2021) and Research Presentation Poster Award Winner (2014)
- Received Roche Taiwan 2022 Annual Excellence Award – Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
- Olchanski, N, Lin, PJ, Yeh, WS, Kowal, S, & Cohen, JT (2022). When are breakthrough therapies cost-effective?. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 28(7), 732-739.
- Burudpakdeea C, Wong W, Seetasith A, Corvinoc FA, Yeh W, Gubensd M (2018) Economic impact of preventing brain metastases with alectinib in ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. Vol 119, 103-111
- McGraw SA, Qian Y, Henne J, Jarecki J, Hobby K, Yeh WS (2017) A Qualitative Study of Perceptions of Meaningful Change in Spinal Muscular Atrophy. BMC Neurology. Vol. 17, No. 1, 68-77
- Boster A, Nicholas J, Wu N, Yeh W, Fay M, Edwards M, Huang M, Lee A (2017) Comparative effectiveness research of disease-modifying therapies for the management of multiple sclerosis: Analysis of a large health insurance claims database. Neurology and Therapy. Vol. No. 1, 91-102
- Lin PJ, Yeh WS, Neumann PJ (2017) Willingness-to-pay for Newborn Genetic Testing for Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Pediatric Neurology, 66, 69-75.
- Raghu G, Chen SY, Yeh WS, Maroni B, Li Q, Lee YC, Collard HR (2014). Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in US Medicare Beneficiaries Aged 65 Years and Older: Incidence, Prevalence, and Survival, 2001–11. The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, Vol. 2, No. 7, 566-572
- Yeh WS, Haller JA, Lanzetta P, Kuppermann BD, Wong TY, Mitchell P, Whitcup SM., Kowalski JW (2012). Effect of the Duration of Macular Edema on Clinical Outcomes in Retinal Vein Occlusion Treated with Dexamethasone Intravitreal Implant. Ophthalmology. Vol. 119, No. 6, 1190-1198
- Meltzer E, Nathan R, Derebery J, Stang PE, Campbell UB, Yeh WS, Corrao M, Stanford RH (2009).Sleep, quality of life, and productivity impact of nasal symptoms in the United States: findings from the burden of rhinitis in America survey. Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, Vol. 30, No. 3, 244-254
- PhD in Health Policy & Management, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
- MS in Pharmaceutical Economics, Policy & Outcomes Research, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
- BS in Pharmacy, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hη (eta) is the seventh letter of the Greek Alphabet. In the ancient Attic number system, “H” means the number 100. In the later system, it represents the number 8. Both 100 and 8 are lucky numbers in my culture. In science, eta is often used to represent efficiency – what I always try to pursue in work.