Amy Guisinger Edgecomb
MANAGER, EVIDENCE INSTITUTE
Fort Myers, FL
Gamma is the third letter of the Greek alphabet. I chose this letter for several reasons, but mainly because this symbol has always signified a common interface between physics, mathematics, and chemistry - all subjects I am passionate about and have studied throughout my career. The Greek letter gamma signifies wave motions in physics, is a unit of magnetic field strength, and its shape in the uppercase form is suggestive of an offshoot from a stem. As I move through the waves of life, I do so with strength and passion, always ensuring to bloom where I am planted.
Prior to joining AESARA, Amy was employed as a Project Coordinator with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in their US Value Evidence and Outcomes group. At GSK, she supported the generation of evidence for their respiratory, specialty, and oncology portfolios. Amy also completed a research practicum with RTI International, Inc. where she supported the development of an Evidence Report for the US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) in support of the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Amy has also conducted academic and clinical research in the areas of neurology and breast oncology at both the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. Lastly, Amy has prior experience as an Associate Engineer for a public utility company, where she was tasked with developing and automating thermodynamic performance modeling for the company’s entire battery fleet.
Amy holds both Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and Master of Public Health (MPH) degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and a Bachelor of Science (BSChE) degree in Chemical Engineering and a minor in Biomolecular Engineering from the University of Florida. She is also a state registered pharmacist, holding licenses in both Florida and North Carolina, and currently practicing part-time in Florida.
- Averell CM, Laliberté F, Germain G, MacKnight SD, Slade DJ, Duh MS, Guisinger A, Rousculp MD. Real-world Impact of Adherence to Inhaled Corticosteroid/Long-Acting Beta Agonists on Asthma Outcomes in the US. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2021 May 3;203:A1605. Abstract No. A1605. doi: 10.1164/ajrccm-conference.2021.203.1_MeetingAbstracts.1605
- Kahwati LC, LeBlanc E Weber RP, Giger K., Clark R, Suvada K, Guisinger A, Viswanathan M. Screening for Vitamin D Deficiency in Adults: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force. JAMA. 2021 Apr 13;325(14):1443-1463. doi: 10.1001/jama.2020.26498. PMID: 33847712
- Kahwati LC, LeBlanc E Weber RP, Giger K., Clark R, Suvada K, Guisinger A, Viswanathan M. Screening for Vitamin D Deficiency in Adults: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2021 Apr. Report No.: 20-05270-EF-1. PMID: 33900706.
- Moore H, Shofer S, Guisinger A, Broadwater G, Force J, Sammons S, Anders C Westbrook K. Feasibility of a comprehensive monitoring protocol for the prevention and treatment of interstitial lung disease in patients undergoing treatment with fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan. Cancer Research. 2021 Feb. Abstract No. PS13-33. doi: 10.1158/1538-7445.SABCS20-PS13-33.
- Moretz C, Cole AL, Mu G, Wu B, Guisinger A, Liu Y, Hahn B, Baylis L. Evaluation of Medication Adherence and Rescue Medication Use in Non-Exacerbating Patients with COPD Receiving Umeclidinium/Vilanterol or Budesonide/Formoterol as Initial Maintenance Therapy. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2020 Sep 16;15:2207-2215. doi: 10.2147/COPD.S259850. PMID: 32982213.
- Guisinger A. Safety and Efficacy of Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide Inhibitors for Migraine Prophylaxis in Adults– A Systematic Review and Proposal for Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. Value in Health. 2020;23(5):S1
Areas of Expertise
- Protocol writing and concept development
- Data analytics
- Biopharmaceuticals and clinical expertise
- Real-World Evidence
- Systematic literature reviews
AESARA Scholar Program
AESARA Visiting Scientist – Class 2022
- Master of Public Health, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, NC
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL