Andrew P. Brogan (Andy)
Strategic Evidence Solutions Director
Pi is a remarkable constant because it emerges throughout science and nature. While constant, Pi is irrational. It cannot be expressed as a fraction and its digits stretch to infinity. In the healthcare industry and in life, the only constant is never-ending change. I am driven to find unique solutions for our clients in the constantly changing health care environment.
Andy is a director in AESARA’s Evidence Institute where he focuses on helping clients answer critical questions about market access, the payer perspective and product value strategies.
Andy has 11 years of global market access consulting experience including strategic payer research, payer value communications and health economics. His work has included conducting qualitative and quantitative market-access decision-maker research, mapping global reimbursement pathways and market-access strategies, developing Excel-based payer decision tools and value-based pricing tools, developing and testing value propositions and value messages, and conducting strategic analyses of health technology assessments and US coverage policies.
A recent highlight in Andy’s career was publishing the lead article in a special oncology issue of the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy entitled: “Payer Perspectives on Patient-Reported Outcomes in Health Care Decision Making: Oncology Examples.”
Areas of Expertise
- Market Access
- Payer/HTA decision maker considerations
- Innovative communication solutions for payer decision makers
- Outcomes Research and Evidence Generation
- NIH Kirschstein NRSA Postdoctoral Fellow, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
- PhD, Pharmaceutical Sciences (Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry), University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- BA, Chemistry, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- BS, Biochemistry, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA