Gavin delivers measurable business improvement for global life sciences clients through advising executives on value & access strategy and organisational design.
Gavin J. Outteridge
Managing Director – Europe
The symbol X or Greek letter Chi is used in many systems – of philosophy, of rhetoric – to describe connectedness. In our work at Aesara, creativity, problem-solving and relationship-building are all vital and all rest in making connections, on being connected: connecting disparate ideas to make innovation, connecting people to work together, connecting the effects of a drug product to its value to a health system or individual patient. Plus I’m a long-time Cowboys fan and love seeing Dez throw up the X! X = Win.
With over 19 years of leadership experience, including 15 in life sciences, Gavin believes the life sciences sector is a social good and that a regulated market is the best way of delivering innovation and value. Consequently, he works with clients in Development and Commercialisation functions to optimise how they demonstrate scientifically-sound cost-risk-benefit and, by doing so, deliver value to patients, to payers and to investors.
Prior to Aesara, Gavin was on the Executive Committee of life sciences services company Kinapse; held a change management role in Pfizer R&D; and began his working life as an officer in the Royal Air Force. He holds an MA from Oxford University.
- Designed and built an integrated global and regional market access & HEOR function for a major global biotech.
- Created an evidence-based value story to help bring an innovative paediatric rare disease therapy successfully to market.
- Implemented a natural language processing & machine learning solution to enhance patient centricity in a top 5 Pharma company’s market access function.
Areas of Expertise
- Value & Access strategy
- Organization design
- Process improvement
- Data-driven performance management
- MA (Oxon.), English Language & Literature, New College, University of Oxford