Lynn J. Okamoto
Chief Business and Technology Officer
Throughout my life, I have strived to maintain a healthy balance in all that I do. For me, the symbol Theta represents equilibrium or symmetry and the importance of offering meaningful and utilitarian solutions. At AESARA, I am focused on providing our clients with digital and consulting solutions that will ease their daily burden while achieving success in a very complex, high-intensity industry.
Lynn is Chief Business Officer & Evidence Institute at AESARA where she focuses on integrating evidence consulting with digital solutions to improve the accessibility and communication of information for decision-making.
With more than 27 years in the healthcare industry, Lynn has global experience in management and scientific research for health economics, outcomes research (HEOR),and observational studies, as well expertise in healthcare analytics. Lynn has a passion for developing strategies for accessing and using real-world data and, most recently, she was responsible for the leadership, operations and strategic direction of a global CRO late-phase group. In addition, she previously developed an HEOR consulting team and created a longitudinal patient claims repository that supported clients’ needs to demonstrate research outcomes across all healthcare settings.
- First integration of a QOL instrument in a clinical trial in severe asthma patients using fluticasone propionate to demonstrate an improved quality of life.
- First QOL evidence to be filed within an inhaled corticosteroid NDA.
- Directed several studies to demonstrate the impact and cost of Cardiometabolic Syndrome
- Published in Value in Health Supplement Volume 10 2007.
- Boudreau DM, Malone DC, Raebel MA, Fishman PA, Nichols GA, Feldstein AC, Boscoe AM, Ben-Joseph RH, Magid DJ, Okamoto LJ. Health Care Utilization and Costs by Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders. 2009; 7(4):305-314.
- Cox FM, Cobb P, Chua W, McLaughlin TP, Okamoto LJ. The Cost of Influenza Management in Emergency Department and Hospital Settings. American Journal of Managed Care. 2000;6:205-214.
- Okamoto LJ. Case Study: Conducting a Pharmacoeconomic Evaluation in Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes: Applications for Patient Care, Module 2. American College of Clinical Pharmacy. 1996.
- Okamoto LJ, Noonan M, DeBoisblanc BP, Kellerman DJ. Fluticasone Propionate Improves Quality of Life in Patients with Asthma Requiring Oral Corticosteroids. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 1996;76:455-61.
- Smith DH, Malone DC, Lawson KA, Okamoto LJ, Battista C, Saunders WB. A National Estimate of the Economic Costs of Asthma. Am J Resp Crit Care Med. 1997;156:787-793.
Areas of Expertise
- Real-World Evidence
- Epidemiology & Data
- Health Economics &
- Patien-Reported Outcomes
- Clinical Trial Research
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Pharmacy Residency, University Medical Center, Jacksonville, FL
- Fellowship, Pharmacoeconomics, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC and Glaxo, RTP, NC