The number π (/paɪ/; spelled out as "pi") is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter; it appears in many formulas across mathematics and physics and it is also found in formulae from other topics in science, such as cosmology, fractals, thermodynamics, mechanics, and electromagnetism. π is an irrational number (its decimal representation never ends, nor enters a permanently repeating pattern). The ubiquity of π makes it one of the most widely known mathematical constants inside and outside of science. Being the “solution” to many “problems” π for me represents consulting at its best: providing solutions to our customers’ most difficult problems has always been the inspiring principle all throughout my career and the source of the best satisfactions I had in over 30 years in the health technology industry.
Patrizia Berto is AESARA’s Principal. During her 27 years in consulting, Patrizia has led multiple strategic market access, P&R and HEOR consulting projects for pipeline, launch and marketed products across a vast array of therapy areas, spanning from rare diseases to oncology, haematology and many others.
Her previous experiences include: SVP Value & Access at Regulatory Pharma Net (2020-2022), Head of Italian Office at Certara (2018-2020), Global Head of Business Development at LA-SER/Laser-Analytica (2012-2018) and Managing Director of PBE consulting (1997 – 2011). Prior to that, she spent ten years at Glaxo/GSK in market research, strategic planning, pricing and health economics.
- In the years 2001-2013 Patrizia was also a lecturer (contract professor) of pharmaco-economics at the School of Pharmacy – University of Padova.
- Patrizia is currently a Director of the Italian (Rome) Chapter of ISPOR (2021-2023)
Key Publications (last 3 years)
- Rosati A, Conti P, Berto P, Molinaro S, Baldini F, Egan CG, Panichi V. Efficacy, safety and pharmacoeconomic analysis of intravenous ferric carboxymaltose in anemic hemodialysis patients unresponsive to ferric gluconate treatment: a multicenter retrospective study. Clin. Med. 2022, 11, 5284.
- Berto P, Bellone M, Sabinot A, Pinto C, Martino M, Generali D, Carriero PL, Sanna MD. Budget Saving Potential of Pegfilgrastim Biosimilar for the Treatment of Chemotherapy-Induced Febrile Neutropenia, in Italy. Health economics and therapeutic pathways 2022; 23(1): 1-12
- Boccadoro M, Berto P, Bringhen S, Zamagni E, Tosi P, Cascavilla N, Giuliani N, Mannina D, Zambello R, Patriarca F, Montefusco V, Grasso M, Di Raimondo F, Offidani M, Petrucci MT, Musto P. Place in therapy of innovative drugs in multiple myeloma in 2021 & 2023 according to an expert panel Delphi consensus. Glob Reg Health Technol Assess 2021; 8: 80-86
- Minutolo R, Berto P, Liberti ME, Peruzzu N, Borrelli S, Netti A, Garofalo C, Conte G, De Nicola L. Ferric Carboxymatose in Non-Hemodialysis CKD Patients: A Longitudinal Cohort Study. J. Clin. Med. 2021, 10, 1322
- Berto P, Sanna MD, Jackson J, Berry M, Jackson J. Osteoarthritis in Italy: Impact on Health-Related Quality of Life and Health Care Resources. Health economics and therapeutic pathways 2021; 22(1): 1-13
- Berto P, Aiello A, Procopio G, Iacovelli R, Mennini FS. Cost-effectiveness of cabozantinib in the first-line treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (aRCC) in Italy. GIHTAD 2020; 13(7),1-10
- Aiello A, Berto P, Conti P, Panichi V, Rosati A. Economic impact of using ferric carboxymaltose in haemodialysis patients. GIN 2020; S75-6(98-108)
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic P&R analysis
- HTA Assessments
- Healthcare Economics (cost-effectiveness/utility, budget impact)
- RWE and HEOR generation and dissemination
- Italian Payer Marketplace
- PharmD, University of Padova – School of Pharmacy
- Master in Business Administration, CUOA – Vicenza