Richard H. Stanford
VP, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Chapel Hill, NC
The sixth letter of the Greek alphabet that represents the number 7. So, 6+7 = 13 which was my athletic number in high school and my favorite number (I always get excited when I see a 13th floor in hotels). Z, the symbol for Zeta, is the final letter in the English alphabet which represents finality. Z is pronounced Zee in US English, Zed in UK English and Zetto in Japanese Anime.
Richard is a VP in Strategic Consulting Solutions and is responsible for executing client engagements in close partnership with Evidence Institute, Digital and Strategic Consulting teams, operationalizing our digital-forward market access agency model. Richard comes to AESARA after spending 21 years with GlaxoSmithKline where he was responsible for developing and leading market access and outcomes evidence strategies for both pipeline and marketed assets including leading the payer evidence launch strategies for assets in both the respiratory and cardiovascular areas.
Richard was the Merck/American College of Clinical Pharmacy Health Outcomes Fellow while at the Univerisity of Iowa, he has built an outstanding health outcomes research career and is recognized as an expert in applied outcomes research within the pharmaceutical industry. He has authored over 100 peer reviewed journal publications and was instrumental in the development of the Asthma Control Test, Rhinitis Control Assessment Test and the COPD Treatment Ratio which are used as clinical and population disease assessment tools. Richard has led outcomes and payer evidence launch strategies for multiple assets in respiratory and cardiovascular therapy areas for the US market.
Areas of Expertise
- Health Outcomes Evidence Strategies
- Market Access Evidence Strategies
- Health Outcomes Research Methods
- Evidence Generation
- Observational Studies
- Large Payer Oriented Pragmatic Trials
- Field Based Outcomes Research
- Payer Launch Strategies
- BS Pharmacy – University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy – University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- MS Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health – The University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Fellowship in Pharmacotherapy Research – The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy
- Fellowship in Pharmacoeconomics – The University of Iowa College of Medicine