Dr. Rohit Borker
VP, ONCOLOGY, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Mahwah, New Jersey
Psi stands for 'mind' and 'soul' - to me an essential component of establishing enduring partnerships with clients in developing robust value proposition for assets with an ultimate goal of maximizing patient access to these assets.
Having extensively worked in Oncology in different phases of drug development, in medical and commercial units of organizations, and in HQ and field executive leadership positions, Rohit brings over 20 years of diverse experience and expertise in identifying and simplifying health policy complexities that matter to organizations, developing behavior-changing solutions – strategic and tactical – to mitigate these challenges, and overseeing follow-through plans to manage these complexities. Rohit’s expertise is in developing robust value propositions and impactful evidence for assets to support their reimbursement and access across payers, integrated networks and physician practices
Prior to joining AESARA, Rohit was the Vice President and Head, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), U.S. Oncology at Novartis. During this time he also served as a panelist for FDA-AACR Real World Evidence Workshop. Before joining Novartis, Rohit was with Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) leading their Oncology and Respiratory Franchises. Prior to BI, Rohit was at GlaxoSmithKline where he led a Field team of Health Outcomes Liaisons with responsibilities for GSK’s General Medicine and Vaccine Portfolio. During this time he was also part of National Quality Forum’s (NQF) Oncology Technical Advisory Panel. In addition to oncology, Rohit has covered multiple therapeutic areas including respiratory, nephrology, and auto-immune disorders.
Rohit completed his Doctoral work at the West Virginia University. His thesis evaluated breast cancer risk in West Virginia Medicaid population and developed economic model to estimate cost effectiveness of chemopreventive strategy. During his Doctoral work, Rohit also served as the research lead for CDC’s and American Pharmaceutical Association’s Pharmacy Immunization Project. His post-thesis work involves numerous database studies including cost of event studies, early- and late-stage economic modeling, patient reported outcomes application and analyses. He has multiple publications including papers in Value in Health, Pharmacoeconomics, Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, BMC Cancer, Annals of Asthma, Allergy, & Immunology, and Journal of Health & Social Policy.
Establishing strategic and enduring partnerships with largest Oncology community practices and academic centers across the US
Implementing innovative hybrid registries across multiple disease areas with franchise mindset providing near real time data to inform sequencing options, optimal clinical pathways, and cost of care
Overseeing multiple RWE initiatives assessing and quantifying value and economics of precision medicine, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), across different tumors in variety of clinical practice settings,
Developing Value Based Pricing (VBP) and HTA models to influence drug pricing and decision making at C-Suite levels
Outcomes- and Value-based Contracts (OBC/VBC) with multiple organized payer systems,
Developing strategy and tactics for US HTAs including ICER.
- Borker R., Costs associated with adverse events in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. J Med Econ. 2014 Nov;17(11):792-7
- Chen C, Borker R, Ewing J, Tseng WY, Hackshaw MD, Saravanan S, Dhanda R, Nadler E. Epidemiology, treatment patterns, and outcomes of metastatic soft tissue sarcoma in a community-based oncology network. Sarcoma. 2014
- Scott J Johnson, MHA, PhD; Rachael A Sorg, MPH; Rohit D Borker, PhD; Mei S Duh, MPH, ScD. Chemotherapy Treatment Patterns in Elderly Patients Initially Diagnosed with Advanced Ovarian Cancer. Clinical Ovarian and Other Gynecologic Cancer, 2012; 5(2): 67-77
- Hess G, Borker R, Fonseca E. Treatment patterns: targeted therapies indicated for first-line management of metastatic renal cell carcinoma in a real-world setting. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2013 Jun;11(2):161-7
- Vera-Llonch M, Weycker D, Glass A, Gao S, Borker R, Barber B, Oster G., Healthcare Costs in Patients with Metastatic Lung Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011 Nov 10;11(1):305.
- Vera-Llonch M, Weycker D, Glass A, Gao S, Borker R, Qin A, Oster G. Healthcare costs in women with metastatic breast cancer receiving chemotherapy as their principal treatment modality. BMC Cancer. 2011 Jun 15;11:250.
- Lage MJ, Borker R, Barber B, Gao S. Healthcare costs in postmenopausal women with hormone-positive metastatic breast cancer.J Med Econ. 2010;13(4):691-7.
- Joshua A. Ray, Rohit Borker, Beth Barber, William J. Valentine, Vasily Belozeroff and Andrew J. Palmer. Cost- Effectiveness of Early versus Late cinacalcet Treatment in addition to standard Care for Secondary Renal Hyperparathyroidism in the US. Value in Health 2008 Sep-Oct; 11(5): 800-8
- Tracey Hoy, Maxine Fisher, Beth Barber, Rohit Borker, Brad Stolshek, William Goodman. Adherence to K/DOQI™ practice guidelines for bone metabolism and disease. American Journal of Managed Care 2007 Nov; 13(11):620-5
- Doan QV, Gleeson M, Kim J, Borker R, Griffiths R, Dubois RW. Economic burden of cardiovascular events and fractures among patients with end-stage renal disease. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007 Jul; 23(7):1561-9.
- Shih YC, Mauskopf J, Borker R. A cost-effectiveness analysis of first-line controller therapies for persistent asthma. Pharmacoeconomics. 2007; 25(7): 577-90.
- R Borker, A Emmett, P Jhingran, K Rickard, P Dorinsky. Determining Economic Feasibility of Fluticasone Propionate/Salmeterol versus Montelukast in the treatment of Persistent Asthma using Net Benefit (NB) Approach and Cost Effectiveness Acceptability Curves (CEAC). Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology 2005; 95: 181-189
- K Rascati, R Stanford, R Borker. A Comparison of the Risk of Hospitalizations Due to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Medicaid Patients with Various Medication Regimens, Including Ipratropium, Inhaled Corticosteroids, Salmeterol, or Their Combination. Clinical Therapeutics 2005; 27(3): 346-54
- O’Connor R, Nelson H, Borker R, Emmett A, Jhingran P, Rickard K, Dorinsky P. Cost efficacy of Fluticasone Propionate plus Salmeterol in a single diskus versus Fluticasone Propionate plus montelukast in the treatment of persistent asthma. Pharmacoeconomics 2004; 22 (12):815-825
- M.Halpern, R.Stanford, R.Borker. The burden of COPD in the U.S.A.: results from the Confronting COPD survey. Respiratory Medicine Vol. 97 (2003) (Supplement C). S81
- Madhavan S, Rosenbluth S, Amonkar M, Fernandes A, Borker R. Immunization predictors in rural adults under 65 years of age. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2003; 14 (1): 100-21
- Sheth K, Borker R, Emmett A, Rickard K, Dorinsky P. The cost-efficacy comparison of fluticasone propionate plus salmeterol versus montelukast in the treatment of adults with persistent asthma. Pharmacoeconomics 2002 20 (13) Page 909-918
- Madhavan S, Rosenbluth S, Amonkar M, Borker R, and Richards T. Pharmacists and Immunizations: A National Survey. Journal of American Pharmaceutical Association 2001; 41:32-45
Areas of Expertise
- Developing robust Value Proposition strategy for assets
- RWE and HEOR evidence generation and dissemination with specific focus on Oncology
- HTA Assessments including Value Based Pricing and Customer Models
- US Population Decision Makers
Ph.D., West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, USA
B.Pharm., College of Pharmacy, Nasik, Pune University, India