Ruslan Horblyuk is AESARA’s Chief Consulting Officer. Since joining AESARA in 2016, Ruslan has led multiple strategic market access and HEOR consulting initiatives for pipeline, launch and marketed products across therapy areas. Additionally, Ruslan has engaged with pharmaceutical industry partners on operationalizing effective payer engagement strategies and communications regarding approved and investigational products.
Ruslan V. Horblyuk
PhD, MBA, MA
Chief Strategic Consulting Officer
Sigma, a symbol commonly used to express variation and summation, is about individual differences and synergies that could be created when these differences are brought together. For me, sigma is foremost about thinking outside of the box and breaking the mold.
Ruslan started his career in international health policy consulting over 20 years ago working in the countries of former Soviet Union as part of the US Agency for International Development-funded Health Policy Reform Initiative. He transferred to the industry in 2003 and prior to joining AESARA held roles of increasing responsibility in the areas of HEOR and Pricing at GlaxoSmithKline, General Electric Healthcare, and Pfizer.
- Ruslan was invited by the American Cancer Society to represent the pharmaceutical industry at its 2014 Annual Policy Forum.
- Ruslan has conducted extensive global training outreach on the topic of RWE.
- Coon CD, Bokowy KL, Horblyuk R, Zisman RS, McLeod LD, Brown TM. The development and initial assessment of the strategy and leadership systems capability evaluation survey. Health Care Manag (Frederick). 2012 Oct-Dec;31(4):332-41.
- Lip GY, Keshishian A, Kamble S, Pan X, Mardekian J, Horblyuk R, Hamilton M. Real-world comparison of major bleeding risk among non-valvular atrial fibrillation patients initiated on apixaban, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, or warfarin. A propensity score matched analysis. Thromb Haemost. 2016 Oct 28;116(5):975-986.
- Mallow PJ, Pandya B, Horblyuk R, Kaplan HS. Prevalence and cost of hospital medical errors in the general and elderly United States populations. J Med Econ. 2013 Dec;16(12):1367-78.
- Yin W, Horblyuk R, Perkins JJ, Sison S, Smith G, Snider JT, Wu Y, Philipson TJ. Association Between Breast Cancer Disease Progression and Workplace Productivity in the United States. J Occup Environ Med. 2017 Feb;59(2):198-204.
- Hubbard RA, Zhu W, Horblyuk R, Karliner L, Sprague BL, Henderson L, Lee D, Onega T, Buist DS, Sweet A. Diagnostic imaging and biopsy pathways following abnormal screen-film and digital screening mammography. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013 Apr;138(3):879-87.
Areas of Expertise
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research Strategy
- Launch Planning and Execution
- Real-world Evidence Generation
- Payer Communications
- PhD, Economics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- MBA, Healthcare Management, Fox School of Business and Management, Temple University
- MA, Education, Lviv State University