RWE Strategy Implementation
Facilitating cross-functional internal alignment in atopic dermatitis
A request from a top-10 joint venture development alliance asked AESARA to develop a proactive real-world evidence (RWE) strategy.
The purpose of the initiative is to facilitate the cross-functional alignment on, and prioritization of the core strategic objectives for generating RWE in atopic dermatitis and creating alignment with the commercial brand strategy.
The core components of designing and executing on the RWE strategy include
- Review of relevant materials, conduct desk research and analogues
- Benchmarking and gap-analysis through 1:1 semi-structured internal interviews with cross-functional team members
- Cross-functional gap analysis in the context of the brand strategy, prioritization of identified gaps and elicitation of potential ways to address gaps.
- Develop RWE strategy
- Cross-functional workshop to review, validate and align on the proposed RWE strategy
Evidence Generation Planning
Value & Access Strategy Team
- Drives clinician update and patient access decision making in the various markets of interest.
- Establish cross-functional alignment on the evidence needs and ‘end goal’ for the brand
- RWE initiatives prioritized and alignment on course of action
- Designed RWE strategy flexible to support modifications when new information (e.g., clinical trial data, competitor information, comparator coverage decisions, etc.) becomes available
- Operationalization of RWE strategy influenced process, resourcing and internal / external stakeholder communications